A glorious Easter to everyone… I have been such a lazybone the whole of the Holy week.. I didnt have class the entire week. I spent my time at home, watching movies till my eyes popped out. Last Friday, I watched 5 movies all in all! Hahaha… With all the time I spent at home, I think I’ve turned myself into a hardcore couch potato, or more accurately so, a bed potato coz I dont have a couch. For last week alone, let me brag about all the movies I’ve seen.. Most of them were really good, a number of them I saw only to kill time…
1. Then She Found Me- Helen Hunt stars and directs. Reminds me of Terms of Endearment, one of my fave movies of all time. A heartwarming tale of a woman who meets her biological mother in a tumultuous time in her life.
2. Enchanted- a mix of cartoon, fantasy, adventure, romance.. A Disney flick to the core.
3. The Kite Runner- a movie on an Afghan man who traces his roots in Kabul to find a long lost nephew. Very touching story. Cried buckets of tears
4. Ballet Shoes- a BBC feature film on three orphaned young ladies finding their place in the sun.
5. Run Fat Boy Run – directorial debut of David Schwimmer, a funny story on a man who runs the marathon to win back the heart of his ex-fiancee who he stood up on their wedding day
6. Mad Money- with big name stars, Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah and Katie Holmes, playing three women of different backgrounds, conniving to steal a bank.. Not a very original plot. Ho-hum, I managed to finish the flick. It’s still fascinating to see a story with a rags-to-riches element to it.
7. Resurrecting the Champ- boxing, Samuel L. Jackson, Josh Harnett, enough reasons to make me take a look and observe..
8. Good Luck Chuck- blah blah blah… I really had time to waste
9. Martian Child- I loved this story. Two weird souls cross paths, develop a loving father and son relationship. So touching, made me remember I was such a crybaby…
10. Suburban Girl- Hmmm… I was curious with Sarah Michelle Gellar’s outfits. Some of them were really downright ugly. But some of them, good enough to wish for hehehe.. The dad and daughter angle always gets to me. But dating someone almost as old as your dad? Maybe not too appealing..